Are you a professional photographer who wants a list of the best photo editors of 2021? We have compiled a list of top trending picture editing software that can be used on a professional level. A good photo editing software can help you give that perfect polished look to a picture by adjusting the colors, adding depth, focus and blur. Editing tools, if used correctly, can turn an ordinary picture into a true masterpiece.
You can get a little over-whelmed while selecting a picture editing software as there are countless options available on the internet; some of them come for free and some with a downloading fee.
Every software caters to a different target audience, some are designed for beginners with easy and simple editing tools, while others are made specifically for professional photographers with an advanced set of tools.
Below is a list of best picture editing software of 2021 with all their key features listed.
Why Photo Editing Matters?
Photo editing is so much more than enhancing colors and dimensions; it is a way to give a new meaning to the already existing picture.
Many businesses start mainly due to marketing in the form of billboards and printed advertisements, the images which need to be retouched in photo editing software. Making a product look appealing is a magic that is done by editing a photograph; some personal portraits also need to be edited to look sharp and presentable. If you just need to do some simple edits to your photos, like adding text, then Phonto for Desktop is a good choice. Editing can make a dull and boring picture full of colors, even giving your smile a pearly white touch.
A good picture has many variables that make it perfect: picture saturation, dimensions, brightness, and sharpness. The light has to be perfect, the angle has to be immaculate, and the colors should be radiant, but sometimes the photographer still stands unable to capture that perfect picture. This is where the photo editor comes in and saves the day. It works like magic and brightens up the image and makes it come alive.
Even the most expert photographers require their images to be edited and retouched, and there is no shame in admitting it. Today picture editing is a full-time job as it is a very tedious yet hectic job and requires precision and expertise.
Top 10 Photo Editing Software
Our lives are digitalized through social media. Every person uploads several pictures daily on their social handles; every business requires to print an electric advertisement and requires photo editing for this purpose.
Due to the extreme demand, new software launches on the internet almost every day, but most of them are just making the fundamental editing changes.
The top 10 photo editing software of 2021 are given below, have a look and work your magic with them.
1. Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the OG of all the photo editing software and applications. Every beginner who wants to learn a thing or two about editing is recommended to get familiar with this software due to the vast array of editing tools it has to offer. Adobe Photoshop is the tried and tested photo editing software that is very useful for retouching a picture.
Almost every professional photographer uses Adobe Photoshop because it has such a wide variety of editing tools that even complicated editing like 3D modeling, masking, layering, and Doppler is available in it. It has an option of customizing tools at the workspace for ease of use as well.
2. Coral Paintshop Pro
This photo editing software is a nifty yet very functional software perfect for editing, retouching, and re-inventing the pictures with minimum effort. They have an impressive selection of tools that will give new meaning to your photos in just a few strokes.
This software is not available for free, and people who want to use it have to pay a one-time downloading fee of $60. They have some notable features such as smart clone, blurring, fixing, graphic designing, 3D image editing, and image processing.
Canva is a simple and easy-to-use photo editing software based on a simple interface and easy customization. It has a wide selection of editing tools that help any person edit a picture by adding or manipulating backgrounds, adding text or increasing the brightness or sharpness.
One great thing about Canva is that it can be downloaded on mobile and used with ease while traveling and even on the go. It’s simple, yet useful editing tools enable you to give a professional look to your pictures.
Pixlr is also one of the best photo editors of 2021, according to graphic designing experts and photographers. Although it does not have advanced tools, you can still create masterpieces with Pixlr.
This software comes in a desktop and a mobile version, and it is easy to use in both formats. You can use its tools, and by doing so, you also get to view your editing history and the work you have done to date. It comes in a free version with restricted access and a paid version named “Pixlr X” with literally unlimited tools and options to choose from.
A whopping 300 million registered users use this photo editing software due to its ease of use and excellent tools. It lets the users customize a workplace panel and drop off the frequently used tools in it.
It is cloud-based editing software with a wide array of tools such as filters, HDR effects, picture editing, retouching tools, and design templates such as fonts, shapes, and stickers.
6. DxO PhotoLab
This is just your basic photo editing application and software that lets you create magic with your pictures. You can make corrections in your pictures, remove and unwanted objects or haze, autocorrect the dimensions in the 3D image and make local adjustments.
DxO PhotoLab is not free software and can be downloaded for a one-time fee of $129.00. This software has all the tools in its selection that might be required by a professional photographer.
PhotoWorks is a smart photo editor that hits a perfect balance between being intuitive and feature-rich. It comes equipped with both essential editing tools and pro-level ones. PhotoWorks mostly relies on automatic editing, but gives enough opportunities for manual editing. You can enhance your images, improve their composition, remove odd objects, change the background, and stylize your photos with built-in filters, HDR effects, and 3D LUTs.
PhotoWorks is especially efficient when it comes to portrait editing. Thanks to its AI-driven portrait module, you can fix any flaws in a few clicks – remove blemishes, reduce redness and oily glare, even out the skin. Besides, the software comes with a face and body editor that you can use to tweak facial and body features – enlarge eyes and lips, thin the face, slim the waist, and make legs longer. PhotoWorks supports over 450 RAW formats.
8. Capture One
This picture editing software was developed by the camera production company named Phase one. It is a perfect software that edits and stores your pictures for future use and editing.
It also acts as a picture library and stores your pictures in an organised form. You can edit RAW images with Capture One, as large as 20 megapixels and above.
You can also add plugins and extras of your choice with this editing software and tweak your images to the next level. This software is available to download against a fee, which is variable for different brands of camera.
9. Skylum Luminar
Skylum Luminar is the most famous picture editing software among photographers and professional graphic designers worldwide. It is highly recommended by experts and has a lot of good reviews under its belt.
It also has a picture storing library where photographers can keep their unfinished pictures and work. This photo editor also has an extensive selection of editing tools that can be overwhelming for beginners but perfect for professionals.
It lets you edit pictures layer by layer, bit by bit, and gives it that realistic look even if it is heavily edited.
10. Adobe Lightroom Interface
This specific software is mostly used by people who are not very tech-savvy but still want to do a little touch-up of their images by themselves.
Adobe is a well-known brand name when it comes to editing software in the market. It is easy to navigate and easy to use software with an incredible selection of tools and has everything one might need to elevate their images. It has a wide variety of filters, backdrops, frames, textures and keeps on adding more tools frequently with the updates.
Another addition that has been done recently is that it has tutorials to use and navigate the tools for photographers and graphic designers. You can also edit videos on this software.
This software is quite popular in the professional community and is mostly used by photographers to give that professional look to their images. It comes with an in-built file manager and lets you keep and store RAW image files in it.
The tools available in GIMP are professional-grade and not easy to use and learn. Digital retouching, cloning, and optimization are some of its excellent tools. This photo editing software comes in a desktop version with remarkable results on every computer such as Linus, Mac and Windows. It is available against a subscription fee.
You should select the photo editing software that best matches your budget and your requirements. Many of these picture editing software also lets you edit videos and give them a professional look. The list mentioned above contains the best of the best picture editing software available in the market right now.
You can have a trial version of some of this software to get an idea of how it works and performs. All you have to do is sign-up for a trial, and if you don’t like it, you can cancel the subscription anytime.
Revolutionizing Selling: The Role of Technology in Streamlining and Enhancing Revenue Efforts
The fast-paced digital era has ushered in transformative changes across various industries, with the realm of sales being no exception. The heartbeat of this transformation? Technology. As businesses grapple with staying competitive, they use advanced tools to elevate their game.
The central piece to understanding this transition hinges on one key term: the sales automation definition. It’s the convergence of innovative technology with sales processes, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and growth.
Remember when selling was about cold calls, knocking on doors, and maintaining hefty Rolodexes? While these tactics have charm, they’re like riding a horse in a world dominated by bullet trains. Technology has amplified the scope and efficiency of sales, enabling businesses to reach more people with less effort. How? Automated systems track customer behaviors, gather insights, and predict future buying patterns. Instead of shooting in the dark, sales reps have a torch lighting their path.
Ask any sales rep about their least favorite part of the job, and data entry might top the list. But what if one said that repetitive, mundane tasks could be a thing of the past? With technology, sales teams can shift their focus from administrative chores to building genuine customer relationships. Imagine a tool that instantly captures customer data, schedules follow-ups, and even sends personalized emails. Sounds dreamy. It’s this elevation in productivity that’s setting modern sales teams apart.
Ever wondered how it feels to make decisions with a crystal ball in hand? With technology’s integration into sales, this isn’t far from reality. Advanced tools provide real-time data, enabling sales teams to make informed decisions on the fly. Remember the age-old analogy of navigating a ship? In the tumultuous seas of the sales world, real-time data is the North Star, guiding teams safely toward their goals.
Critics often argue that technology depersonalizes the sales process. But, if used right, the opposite holds. Think of it as a chef having access to more sophisticated kitchen tools. They can whip up dishes catering to individual tastes with greater ease. Similarly, technology enables sales reps to personalize their pitches, addressing specific customer needs and fostering more profound connections. So, instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, imagine a world where every pitch feels like it was crafted just for you.
Staying stagnant in a constantly evolving world is a recipe for obsolescence. The sales domain is no exception. Technology isn’t just a fancy addition; it’s the fabric that will shape the future of sales. Businesses that recognize and adapt to this shift aren’t just staying afloat but surfing the waves of change. With an arsenal of advanced tools, they’re redefining the boundaries of what’s possible in sales.
The intersection of technology and sales isn’t just a temporary phase. It’s a revolutionary shift that’s reshaping how businesses approach revenue efforts. Technology is setting the gold standard in sales by eliminating redundancies, providing actionable insights, and ensuring a personalized touch. The question isn’t whether businesses should adapt but how quickly they can. After all, in the race towards sales excellence, technology is the ultimate game-changer.
How Vehicle Tech Innovation Is Shaping The Future of Mobility
The steering wheel is not disappearing from our cars anytime soon. But market research by Mckinsey shows 51% of car buyers are choosing driverless cars. Increasing demand for self-driving cars can be linked to new technologies and trends in the automotive markets. Keep reading to learn how vehicle tech innovation is shaping the future.
Rise of Autonomous Driving
Artificial intelligence is the leading tech innovation paving the way for self-driving cars. This technology enables automobiles to sense, understand, and navigate effortlessly on roads. Using data collected from sensors in real-time, AI helps self-driving vehicles make informed decisions to improve efficiency and road safety.
Impact of Autonomous Vehicles
With the rise of autonomous technologies, the consumer experience of mobility will change significantly. Since driverless cars require little human intervention, you can work, call a friend, or watch a movie while commuting.
Moreover, autonomous technologies have the potential to make cars more accessible. For example, people with disabilities can commute effortlessly in robo-taxis. These vehicles already exist, with giant companies like Amazon testing a fleet of robot taxis in California.
Tech Innovation Improves Vehicle Safety
Several technologies are changing the focus of vehicular safety from preventing injuries during a car crash to eliminating the risks of accidents before they occur. These safety tech innovations in cars include:
Advanced driver-assistance systems like lane-keeping assist, collision avoidance, emergency braking systems, and adaptive cruise control are redefining vehicle safety. These technologies rely on a combination of cameras, radar, and ultrasonic sensors to detect potential risks and take the necessary measures to prevent the possibility of a collision.
Because of their effectiveness, automakers are fitting driver-assistance technology in all cars. When reading ratings and reviews of the best trucks, vans, or SUVs, you’ll notice many models come with lane departure warning, emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control as additional features for safety.
These systems add a layer of security to vehicles by ensuring that only authorized individuals can access and drive a car. Biometrics identify drivers or car owners based on physical characteristics like retinal patterns or fingerprints. Biometrics are also proving useful in monitoring drivers’ behavior. For example, eye-monitoring devices and heart rate monitors can detect signs of distraction and fatigue then alert drivers to pay attention or take a break.
Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) Communication
Through the Internet of Things, new vehicles can communicate with each other. Cars can share information about their speed, road status, and weather conditions in various locations. Doing so helps drivers avoid certain routes, thus reducing traffic congestion and car accidents.
Electrification of Automobiles
The shift to electric vehicles is gaining momentum as more consumers seek greener means of transportation to promote sustainability. And technology is playing a significant role in ensuring cars run on electric power instead of fossil fuels. Technologies supporting car electrification are:
The connection between cars and the grid makes electric cars essential for a sustainable future. With solutions like vehicle-to-grid, EV users can enjoy fast and cheap charging. Vehicle-to-grid technology can also be optimized to charge a fleet of electric vehicles for businesses.
Automakers are also using connectivity as the selling point for EVs. Connectivity allows EV users to connect to their pre-existing technology while driving EVs. As a result, drivers can receive range alerts, battery level status notifications, and charger locations via smartphones.
Solid-state batteries are new tech innovations with higher energy density than lithium-ion batteries. They also store more energy, charge faster, and don’t have a risk of explosions. The application of solid-state batteries in EVs promises greater range, shorter charging times, and enhanced safety.
Ride-sharing Gains Popularity
Car-sharing and ride-hailing services are gaining much traction because of their convenience, affordability, and efficiency. By sharing rides, commuters save money on gas and parking fees. As more individuals embrace ride-sharing or hailing services, traffic congestion could decrease, resulting in low carbon emissions.
Technology is responsible for empowering the rise of ride-sharing and will continue to transform the industry in the coming years. Several technologies are promoting ride-sharing services, including;
Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things uses sensors to collect and analyze driver behavior, maintenance, fuel consumption, and vehicle location data. Ideally, IoT enables cars to connect via devices, allowing fleet managers to track drivers in real time using GPS.
IoT also improves the function of ride-hailing apps like Uber Fleet. Using IoT features in ride-sharing apps allows fleet companies to connect with their driver partners. Connectivity through IoT helps fleet managers identify areas for improvement to enhance the customer experience. Similarly, commuters can hail a taxi via their smartphone and track their ride in real time.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
These advanced technologies play an important role in improving the efficacy of ride-hailing services and reducing operational costs. AI and machine learning algorithms study historical and real-time data to identify driving patterns and trends. Fleet managers then use the data to optimize route planning and vehicle utilization. Optimization of route schedules and resource distribution boosts transport efficiency and lowers operational costs.
Improved Fleet Management
Modern innovations in vehicle technology have the potential to streamline fleet management tasks. Today, fleet technologies go beyond GPS systems that track cars. If you own a fleet of vehicles for business, you can use modern technologies to assess fuel consumption, engine errors, distance covered by drivers, and route planning in the comfort of your office or home.
For example, big data helps fleet owners collect and analyze real-time data about their vehicles from sensors, cameras, and electronic control units. With the help of big data analytics, fleet companies can also collect vehicle data stored in the cloud. Streamlining data with the help of big data analytics creates room for making informed decisions that optimize vehicle operations and enhance safety.
Other tech innovations that will continue to transform fleet management include;
This innovative technology provides an interactive version of the real world through digital visual elements, sound, and other sensory stimuli. You can use AR to streamline fleet management by visualizing different vehicle parts to identify performance issues.
As augmented reality becomes increasingly popular, car owners will harness its power to perform routine checks to keep vehicles well-maintained and reduce maintenance costs. Drivers could also use augmented reality heads-up display technology to understand the road status, enhancing overall vehicle performance and safety.
Telematics is an innovation that relies on various technologies, like sensors, GPS, radar, and dash cams, to understand driver behavior and analyze vehicle performance. You can integrate telematics with big data analytics to ease fleet management tasks.
AI-powered Dash Cams
These tech devices provide real-time accident detection and proactive training through actual events to enhance vehicle safety. This aspect makes AI-powered dash cams ideal for tracking drivers, so you can identify any faulty behavior that could increase the risk of accidents. Artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, biometrics, solid-state batteries, and advanced driver-assistance systems are a few examples of technologies transforming the modern car. These technologies pave the way for the development of self-driving and electric vehicles. They are also enhancing the safety, comfort, and performance of automobiles.
The Top 10 Professional Video Editing Software for Beginners
A couple of years ago, video editing software demanded a lot from your computer, but now most tools run smoothly on any PC. It means you can access a professional toolkit without needing fancy equipment. These programs are user-friendly, and you will quickly get the hang of them. In this article, we have picked 10 top-notch video editing tools that can take your content to the next level.
Before we begin, you need to decide: what goal do you want to achieve in video editing? It can be basic editing, color correction, special effects, 3D, or animation. Once you answer this question, you will understand which program from our list you should look at first. Now we are ready to go.
Movavi Video Editor is professional video editing software that has both free and paid versions. The 7-day free trial version has a few limits: it adds watermarks to your videos and restricts saving audio projects – only half of the audio track will be saved. But even so, Movavi remains the best free video editor with a huge number of features available.
But these limits disappear with a paid subscription. It costs $54.95 for a one-year plan or $79.95 for a lifetime license. Still, it is better to start with the free version to decide if you want to invest in a license. To make the right decision, let’s look at the strengths and weaknesses of Movavi Video Editor.
- Two Options to Edit: You can choose between automatic and manual editing modes. With the automatic mode, you select a template: Family, Memories, Travel, Love Story, and others. The program then determines the music mood, transition speed, filters, and titles. As a result, your video will get a professional look.
- Use AI for Your Videos: There are plenty of options to use AI in your videos. You can try AI motion tracking, AI background removal, and AI noise removal for audio tracks. It is safe to say that Movavi with AI is the best video editing software for beginners.
- Audio Editing: You gain access to a vast array of tools for audio editing. The application has a compressor, equalizer, and features like reverberation and sound autocorrect.
- Export Formats: As you grow as a professional editor, you might need more variety in video export formats. Movavi offers MP4, MOV, AVI, MP3, MKV, FLV, WebM, and GIF.
- Too Simple: Movavi provides users with a convenient interface and essential video editing tools. If you plan to delve into professional editing with complex effects, this program may not be good enough for you.
- Lack of Color Correction Features: Achieving the cinematic look with Movavi will not be possible. The app has limited features for color correction and video color calibration.
2. Adobe Premiere Elements
If you are looking for easy-to-learn editing software, try this program. Adobe Premiere Elements is a simplified version of Adobe Premiere Pro. It is simplified for one reason: to make a smooth start for newcomers. While the Pro version is a true professional video editing software, Elements is easier and aims at beginners.
The program also offers a free trial version with the watermark on your videos. The full version costs $99.99 for lifetime use. Like other software, Adobe Premiere Elements has its pros and cons. Here are the most significant ones:
- Guided Edits Feature. This feature helps you understand how to bring your ideas to life in your videos. Also, there are automatic functions that adjust color and stabilize images.
- Wide Variety of Templates, Effects, and Transitions: You can use a considerable number of tools to create more engaging and visually appealing content for your viewers.
- Tailored for Beginners: As mentioned earlier, Adobe Premiere Elements targets newcomers. Starting with this program is an excellent decision. It helps you become accustomed to editing and makes the process more accessible.
- Higher System Requirements: Unlike the first program, Adobe Premiere Elements demands more from your PC specifications. There is a chance that the program might run slowly on older PCs. Remember to try the free trial version before subscribing to avoid wasting money.
- Distinct from Premiere Pro: Elements is made for those who want to get to Premiere Pro in the future. Despite this, the programs have entirely different interfaces and functionality. Learning to edit in Adobe Elements and then transitioning to Adobe Premiere Pro will not be easy. You will have to learn how the program operates all over again, which is a significant drawback.
3. HitFilm Express
If you plan to become a professional in video effects, then HitFilm Express is a standout choice for working with video effects. Note that the program aims not so much at editing videos, but at working with special effects. Thus, HitFilm Express works better as an addition to your main video editing software.
HitFilm Express is free and is one of the best options for beginners who want to try their hand at video effects. Yet, there is a paid Pro version that will appeal to those who want to access even more tools.
- Visual Effects Mastery: HitFilm Express provides a vast library of effects. For example, it includes compositing, color correction, motion graphics, and more. It is a brilliant choice for those who aim to work with advanced editing techniques.
- 3D Compositing: The software allows you to create realistic 3D scenes and integrate them into your videos.
- Community and Tutorials: HitFilm boasts an active and supportive online community. Moreover, the software guides users through various editing and visual effects techniques.
- Learning: HitFilm Express has an impressive set of features. This advantage may become a drawback for newcomers, as it is so much to learn.
- Resource-Intensive: As the program aims at 3D and special effects, you will need a powerful PC. Older computers might struggle with their performance.
- User Interface: HitFilm Express presents a comprehensive interface with many panels and tools. It can be overwhelming initially.
4. Final Cut Pro X
If you are a Mac user, there is an excellent solution. Final Cut Pro X is a great video editing tool, which can help you grasp the basics of video editing and is also great for professionals. You will not need to switch to another software later on.
Final Cut Pro X is premium professional video editing software with a one-time purchase fee of $299.99. This upfront cost provides lifetime access to the software, updates, and improvements. Of course, there is a free 90-day trial version available. The limitation during the trial will be the familiar watermark on exported videos.
- User-friendly Interface: The software is for professional video editing. Despite this, the interface is so intuitive that newcomers can get the hang of Final Cut Pro X.
- Smooth Performance: As an Apple product, the program has an elaborated optimization for Mac devices. You do not need to worry about sluggish performance.
- Third-Party Integrations: Final Cut Pro X supports a range of third-party plugins and integrations. These will expand your creative possibilities.
- Mac Exclusive: You will not be able to purchase and install Final Cut on Microsoft Windows. Thus, the ability to use the program is limited.
- Magnetic Timeline: This feature can be both a pro and a con. Magnetic Timeline significantly simplifies the editing process, but it might take some time to get used to if you are accustomed to traditional timelines. Conversely, switching from Final Cut to another program will be difficult as you get used to the non-trivial Magnetic Timeline.
- Too Much to Learn: For some, this might be a downside, but during the first use, you will have to navigate through various tools. Yet, this initial investment will eventually lead to high-quality video content. Especially YouTube content.
5. DaVinci Resolve
As you may have noticed, not all video editing programs are suitable for color correction. If you want to gain experience in this direction, use DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci is one of the best solutions for color correction.
DaVinci Resolve has two versions: Free DaVinci Resolve and Paid DaVinci Resolve Studio. The free version offers comprehensive features, meaning it’s a good starting point. The Studio version costs $299 and provides advanced tools. It will be suitable for professionals and high-end projects.
- Full Suite of Tools: While other programs specialize in one area, DaVinci covers the entire spectrum of video editing. Video editing, color correction, audio post-production, and visual effects are available within a single platform.
- Color Correction Mastery: This software excels in color correction and grading. As a result, it provides a wide range of advanced tools for achieving cinematic visuals.
- Professional Audio Post-Production: DaVinci Resolve features Fairlight, a robust audio editing and mixing suite. That makes it an excellent choice for projects requiring top-notch audio quality.
- Harder to Learn: DaVinci Resolve might have a steeper learning curve, especially for beginners. Not only do you have to learn video editing, but you also need to understand the theory of color correction and how to apply it correctly.
- System Resource: This software requires a powerful computer setup for optimal performance. Users with PCs with lower hardware may experience performance issues or find it difficult to work with large projects.
- Lack of Plugins: While the programs above have lots of third-party plugins, DaVinci cannot boast of that. The selection of built-in features is wide, but talking about extensive variety, DaVinci will not suffice.
Lightworks is a video editing program that has been around since 1989. Over the years, it has gained many fans and editing tools. The software is outstanding for both beginners and professionals. Thus, you will not need to change your program after you gain some experience.
There are both free and paid versions of the program. With the free version, you will have a watermark, and your video will not be higher than 720p quality. The Pro version costs $24.99 monthly and unlocks full export options and extra features.
- Flexible Interface: Lightworks has a customizable interface. Thus, you can arrange your workspace as you wish. As you have a convenient place to edit, the learning process will be much easier and faster.
- Multicam Editing: Multicam feature simplifies the editing from different camera angles. This feature will be especially helpful, if you plan to make content on YouTube. For example, travel videos or podcasts are always shot on 3 to 5 cameras to make the picture more dynamic.
- Collaboration: The platform allows editors to work on the same project together. It is beneficial in high-end team projects. Also, this is a must-have skill for any editor, who is willing to make a career out of it.
- Limited Export Formats: The free version has limitations on export formats. Besides, certain features are unavailable before you get a paid version.
- Paid Subscription Model: The Pro version works with a subscription model. It might be inconvenient for users who prefer a one-time purchase option. Additionally, this payment format can translate into a huge waste of money eventually.
- Less Frequent Updates: Users report that the updates are less frequent than with other editing software. It can lead to content quality slippage. If you plan to make money from video content, in that case you will need to keep your videos competitive. And that means you need to prioritize getting new features quickly.
Shotcut is a free open-source video editor that makes editing easy. Furthermore, the program is available on all operating systems: Windows 10, macOS, and Linux. Thus, every reader can give this software a try.
- Wide Format Support: Shotcut allows you to work with different media files within one platform. The software includes formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG, and WMV. Additionally, Shotcut also supports audio formats like AAC, MP3, WAV, and OGG.
- Customizable Filters: The software has a collection of customizable filters and effects. They will match your creative vision and give you an opportunity to bring your idea to life.
- Open-source Community: Shotcut benefits from an open-source community that makes updates and improvements. It might be a disadvantage at some point. But, the program’s open-source leads to quicker updates than with competitors. It will take your content to a higher level than other users.
- Limited Tutorials: The program is not as popular as DaVinci or Adobe Premiere. So, few users upload tutorials. Keep this in mind, as learning to edit with Shotcut can be more challenging than expected.
- Interface Complexity: The interface might appear cluttered for newcomers. So it might take some time to become accustomed to navigating through the various options.
8. VSDC Free Video Editor
Few programs can boast the ability to work with 3D and 360° videos. And VSDC Video Editor comes to the rescue. The program offers a free version with watermarks and limited export options. Like with other programs, there is a Pro version available for $19.99 a year. This price is one of the cheapest in the video editing market.
- Non-linear Editing: With VSDC you can rearrange the clips and edit them as you want to. For example, a non-linear editing feature allows you to make adjustments to each clip independently.
- Advanced Features: VSDC offers a variety of advanced editing tools like color correction, visual effects, and text overlays. It’s convenient to have all the features in one app.
- 3D and 360° Editing: VSDC enables the editing of 3D and 360° clips, providing creative flexibility. These formats are not the most popular among viewers but some users may still need to edit them.
- Interface Complexity: The program’s wide range of features may make the interface seem complex and cluttered at first glance, so be prepared.
- Speed and Performance: Some users report that the free version is noticeably slower than the paid version. It might be a part of the marketing strategy, but it is worth considering before downloading.
- Limited Technical Support: Users of the free version are less likely to get answers from tech support. The support system targets the users of the paid version.
iMovie is user-friendly video editing software, which comes pre-installed on macOS devices. You can use it wherever you want; the app is available on iPhones and MacBooks. The software provides a convenient platform, making it a go-to choice for newcomers.
There are no restrictions and no paid subscriptions. You get full access to video editing on your Apple device. This one is the best free video editor on market, so let’s discuss its the pros and cons:
- Good Start: iMovie’s interface combines simplicity and effectiveness. For example, the drag-and-drop function and intuitive layout. They allow you to get as high a result as you would get in a complex and paid program.
- Apple Ecosystem: As mentioned above, the app is available on every Apple device. It makes it easy to draft a clip on the way home and complete the project from your computer or laptop.
- Built-In Themes and Templates: iMovie offers a range of themes, templates, and effects that can add a professional touch to your clips. Advanced video editing skills are not needed.
- Too Basic: iMovie provides essential editing tools such as trimming, splitting, adding transitions, and adjusting audio levels. Even though iMovie is the best video editing software for beginners, you might find it limiting as you gain experience. If you aim to pursue professional video editing, iMovie will not fill the bill.
- Limited Capability: iMovie is Apple’s exclusive for macOS and iOS devices. It is not possible to use this software on Windows or Android.
- Limited Control: If you desire complete control over the video editing process, iMovie will not suffice. iMovie’s simplified interface cannot provide depth and flexibility. If you are seeking versatility, we recommend looking at other advanced software.
Blender is worldwide famous 3D modeling and animation software. But few people know that Blender also includes elements for video editing. If you want to learn 3D modeling and editing, Blender alone will be enough for both tasks.
Blender is open-source software, so it is free to download. There are no subscription costs or upfront fees. It is a significant advantage for newcomers who intend to explore video editing without financial constraints.
- Versatility: Blender is a powerful open-source software that goes beyond video editing. It is also a renowned 3D modeling and animation tool. You can create 3D models, animations, and clips in the same environment. It is convenient for projects which require various elements.
- Advanced Features: Blender’s video editing module offers essential editing functions, transitions, effects, color grading, and audio editing.
- Community and Learning Resources: Blender has a dedicated community and a wealth of online tutorials. It can be helpful for editors who are looking to learn and improve their skills.
- Complexity: As the program is extensive and has a huge number of features, it will take some time to become proficient. Take that into consideration as the program is not the best video editing software for beginners. It will be hard to get used to if you have no prior experience in editing.
- Non-Standard Interface: Blender’s interface is unique and differs from traditional video editing software. It might be confusing for those who are used to conservative tools.
- Resource Intensive: Blender can be resource-intensive, especially when working with complex 3D elements. The software requires a powerful computer to run smoothly.
Exploring the world of video editing as a newcomer has never been more exciting. Before starting your editing journey, remember that choosing the right software is crucial. Whether you’re looking for free video editing tools with no watermark or some pro-level software, keep your goals in mind, and do not forget about the capability of your computer. As was said earlier, some of the programs are too resource-intensive.
Embrace the learning process, explore the software, and do not hesitate to search for tutorials. There are a lot of people who already explained all the nuances. All you have to do is to find a suitable guide.
With these top 10 video editing software, you are well equipped and ready to begin. Each of them offers unique features, so choose one that best fits your needs.
Where to See the Northern lights in Canada
From Birch Trees to Breakfast Tables: The Story of Birch Syrup
Essential Habits that Can Help You Avoid Unnecessary Stress
Revolutionizing Selling: The Role of Technology in Streamlining and Enhancing Revenue Efforts
4 Best Practices to Create a Visually Compelling Website
Tarot’s Role in Strengthening Your Romantic Connection
The Changing Landscape of Dallas Traffic: Tips and Insights from a Leading Auto Accident Lawyer
Why Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan: Factors to Keep in Mind
What Constitutes a Medical Malpractice Claim?
Waco’s Unique Driving Challenges: From Historical Crossroads to Modern Traffic
6 Best Ways to Get Quality Sleep
Linda Yaccarino: Twitter’s New CEO from NBCUniversal
How to Choose a Safe Cosmetic Dentist
What are the Key Live Streaming Trends in 2023?
Five Things Employees Look for in a Job Role
Essential Tips for Buying Jewelry Online
What Are the Advantages of ITIL Foundation Certification for Organizations?
5 Famous Gamblers and Their Most Memorable Quotes
How Can You Find Affordable Auto Insurance Using iSelect?
What Is Involved in Running a University?
- LifeStyle3 years ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
- LifeStyle3 years ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
- Growth3 years ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
- Quotes3 years ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
- Motivation4 years ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
- Affirmations3 years ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
- Affirmations3 years ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
- Motivation3 years ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day